Thursday, December 4, 2014
The Delegation of European Union to India and EuropeAid have awarded partners in the HOOKVAC consortium a grant to develop a EU-India research and innovation partnership. The following objectives are part of the grant:
- To establish an EU-India academic, cluster partnership to facilitate a long-term manufacturing partnership for the human hookworm vaccine and other NTD vaccines.
- To transfer technology from European manufacturers to Indian manufacturers for NTD vaccines
- To improve manufacturing methods to create efficiency and economy of scale
- To establish a creative environment environment for joined development of new innovative and low cost vaccines for NTDs and other poverty related diseases.
- To set-up individual mobility schemes for researchers and innovators from the HOOKVAC consortium (EU/US/ based institutes) working in research and innovation to move from the Europe cluster to India. The individual mobility schemes will be an integral component of the cluster-to-cluster partnerships.
- To support and encourage visibility, mutual understanding and awareness for low-cost vaccine development for neglected tropical diseases via meetings and workshops.